Thorium is now Open Source!
That's right. Everything in Thorium is now Libre, which means you can do whatever you want with it. Make your own controls, contribute back, run your own simulator - the sky is the limits. Actually, the sky is no longer the limits, since you have your own starship!
Thorium now supports a donation model. By becoming a donor, you get access to a drop-in built version of Thorium. Consider becoming a donor.
As far as upates go:
- Released the new site. Check it out, and feel free to donate.
- Updated package dependencies.
- Refactored a lot of the code to simplify and clean it up.
- Created a simple viewscreen module. You can now show stuff on a dedicated viewscreen client. There are a lot of opportunities for budding programmers to create screens for the viewscreen. Get in touch if you are interested.
- Started working on improvements to the timeline system
- Added a naïve auto-save feature. It takes a snapshot of the simulator state every 10 seconds. There is no support for going back to specifc saves or rewinding currently, but that feature is planned for the future.