I continue to make progress on the simulation processes. This week I completed everything for the Thrusters, Warp Engines, and Impulse Engines. As I worked on these, I realized that a decision needed to be made regarding how the ship slows to a stop - read this week's essay for a deep dive on that.
I also realized that one of the UI libraries that I am using to make Thorium Nova is unnecessarily slow, so I'm having to rip that out of the codebase and replace it with something that's a bit faster. This kind of refactor takes time, but I'm glad I caught it this early in the process.
Also, this week I selected what will be the official theme song for Thorium Nova! It's still a secret, though, but I assure you, I'll announce it first on this newsletter.